Here it is a beautiful snowy Saturday. I'm working (of course) today is a basketball tournament. Coaches versus Cancer benefit and so it's a sea of pink. They will be donating proceeds to Am Cancer Soc. and have a dedication to a former teacher/game manager/long time coach who passes away this past fall after a long battle. I won't be able to be in the gym for that part. Too emotional. I had to say goodbye to my Dad a year and a half ago. He had lung cancer that spread. You aren't the same after you hold a loved one while they leave this world. I'd like to think stronger, more compassionate. Or maybe I just cry a lot easier? Who knows. I don't know Barbara but my prayers are with her family during this time. It's one day at a time. For a long time. Cancer can suck it.
Anywho, I think I feel some restriction with this first fill. But I'm afraid to test it! I don't want to stretch anything, or get sick or I don't know what. So I'm following the rules! My PA said that if I am not losing 1 pound/week then we will do another fill in February. But, right now my next appt is for March. So day by day is how we will go people...
Cancer does blow the big one! I am still hurting for Barb. I am a very emotional person, but never have the words to express my feelings. Anyway, thanks for the lovely comments on my blog. I have actually searched craigs list several times, but am hesitant because I don't want to get stuck with a dud machine. I may search again and see if I have any really good feelings on one of them. Thanks again, have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteThis blog hit home with me, I'm dealing with this right now with my dad, and keep coming to realizations of moments in my life that my father prob won't be able to share with me. I'm definitely already at the "cry a lot easier" stage. Cancer does suck indeed.
ReplyDeleteCancer does indeed suck... It's nice to see you involved in fundraising to rid us of this monster disease...
ReplyDeleteCancer sucks! Has taken too many loved ones already. I too had my first fill but not feeling much restriction yet. My second is scheduled for the 14th. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteCancer does indeed blow goats. I've lost a few people to it, too, but no one so close as my father. :(
ReplyDeleteI hope your restriction is where you want it to be (if you've tested it yet), I know how frustrating it can be when you're in bandster hell! (Heck, I got my first fill a few weeks ago and I'm STILL there it seems like!)